• Время
  • Показать
Очистить всё
новые сообщения

пока своим отчетом не разродился, скопирую отчет напарника
    Димка фотки!!!! Фотки!!!
    Хотя бы с линейки... покажи... порадуй:...appl:

Ps. Он такой...
    В это время напарник, не жалея сил, искал активного рыба и подбирал соответствующий ключик к нему, что и принесло конечный, заветный результат.
    Рыба не курица... , каждый день не клюет...

Комментарий

Сообщение от Uran Посмотреть сообщение
      Димка фотки!!!! Фотки!!!
      Юра, прости. Никак не могу доброться до фоток. вот, наконец-то осилил написать отчет, да и то только по-английки. переводить совсем некогда. извиняйте. зато фоток немного присутствует.

Dear friends

This is the first part of my report about the latest competion organized by the Cyprus Freshwater Fishing Federation in the frame of Bass Fishing Championship 2014, sponsored by Superaction Store Cyprus.

The practice for this event started as early as mid January. Every Sunday has been spent in Kuris since then. However, because of two starting points, the area that had to be checked was huge, even for a team of two anglers. Each part of the dam got at least some attention, but I was still uncomfortable, and the decision on where to fish during the competition was really tough. In this first part of the report I will try to explaint the logic and thinking behind the place selection process.

Why the "dark side of the moon"?

Allassa side of the dam did not appear to be productive as yet. This is generally more shallow part, large spawning flats, more stain and warmer water, and therefore bass was more likely to be active here compared to other deeper parts of the dam, especially as the weather continue warming up. There were several good spots, but most of them were rather obvious and compact and therefore would be difficult to share with other competitors. Moreover, these spots constantly received heavy fishing pressure from those who (unfortunately) do not practice catch and release. Upon quick check of this area on the last practice day, it's been decided to eliminate it for the competition.

West side, upper part (so-called "points") - very promising and likely to be productive area with long shallow points and flats adjacent to deep pockets and sudden depth breaks. During practice we discovered that bass was already moving to very shallow waters. One day we found bass to be very active in this area (7 fish in 45 min). But there were few "buts" about this place as well. Firstly, most of it was in my opinion too shallow and depth breaks were too far from the shoreline. Bass was not permanently in shallow water as yet; it was moving in and out depending on weather conditions. So, if on the day of competition the conditions do not happen to be right, then there was a risk that all this super shallow flats would be useless. The remaining stretch with good water depth was too small to accommodate many competitors who were likely to go to that area (which eventually proved to be a wrong assumption). Secondly, during practice days the average size of bass in this area appeared to be smaller than on the “dark side of the moon”.

West side, lower part (so-called “crocodile bay” and nearby places) – too deep for this time of the year, too clear water, too few bites during practice days. Eliminate!

East side, middle part (so-called “dark side of the moon”) – the most promising area in my opinion. First of all, it offered a good mix of diverse variables, i.e. main lake points, several large pockets, depth breakes, bluff walls, shallow, deep, etc. And all of these within reasonable distance from each other, which allowed room for maneuvre and adjustments during the competition day. Secondly, the place has not been pressured as much as other parts of the dam. We’ve been there twice before the tournament. The first time around 10 bass were caught, all good size, including 2kg and couple of 1.8kg. The second time it was not as good, we managed to catch only 3 bass each, but it did not matter. The place looked so good; I was certain that somewhere on that strech we would be able to find active bass. And lastly, the everage size of bass here (during practice) was definitely better than anywhere else in the dam. So, the decision was to place all the bets on this area.

To be continued...

Комментарий

Cyprus Bass Fishing Championship 2014, Round One report, part two - lures and presentation conciderations.

Late winter bass can be moody and difficult to understand, and that was very much the case during the entire practice period. Relatively stable and gradually warming up weather was pushing bass to start transitioning from winter to pre-spawn mode. According to books this time of the year bass is supposed to change from "slow moving bottom feeders" to "active food chasers" before they get completely occupied with spawning rituals. So, the task was to figure out at what stage of this transition bass was most likely to be on the day of competition.

During our first outings in January we were catching bass mainly on texas-rigged softbaits, as well as jigs. Some fish was caught on spinerbaits, but those were pure reaction strikes, i.e. bass was not chasing the lure, but hit it when spinerbait bounced off a cover. As the time of competition was approaching, there were more bites on moving baits. For example, one day during the last week of practice we had a blast on vibrating swimming jigs. On the very last day of practice all bites came on jerkbaits (also, I’ve seen Marios Pa to catch a bass and believe it was on jerkbait too).

So, given the weather was relatively stable and gradually warming up, our guess was that moving baits (jerkbaits, spinnerbaits, lipless crankbaits) were likely to be the most productive. Having said that, we were not ruling softbaits completely out either. The following combination seemed to make the best sense – having one rod with jerkbait for covering lots of water, and the second rod with wacky-rigged worm as a follow up bait. And of course jigs – this bait has proved to trigger bites from bigger than average fish.

Regarding presentation, it is known that around spawning time bass becomes much more territorial, i.e. protects his territory and gets aggressive to potential intruders. In this situation erratic presentations (like jerking a stick-type hardbait) work better than steady retrieves. In other words, when bass think more about sex rather than food experiments with lure retrieve can help to trigger few additional bites. This was also checked and reconfirmed during practice days and taken into consideration for the competition.

And lastly about lure size. This is the time of the year when bass is more likely to feed on larger baitfish (at least one year old), therefore we used relatively large jerkbaits (11 and 12 cm). Spinnerbaits and vibrating jigs were equipped with softbait trailers to make the lure look more bulky. Jigs had thick heavy rubber skirts and large craw imitating trailers.

To be continued...

Комментарий

Юра, прости. Никак не могу доброться до фоток. вот, наконец-то осилил написать отчет, да и то только по-английки. переводить совсем некогда. извиняйте. зато фоток немного присутствует.
          Димка супер...
          А то что по аглицки даже очень здорово...
          И полезно...

Комментарий

Cyprus Bass Fishing Championship 2014. Finally, the last part of the report. This is all about how things were actually developing on the day of the competition.

In the morning I got a bit surprised to see too few people at the dam wall. For some reason I thought that most of the competitors would chose this side of the reservoir rather than the Allasa side. I was wrong; the field appeared to be split in two equal parts. Moreover, half of those starting on the dam wall headed to the west side, whereas our team was planning to go to the east side. Well, it was even better – more room for manoeuvre.

The first task was to locate bass as soon as possible. During practice days we understood that fish was moving in and out from deep to shallow water depending on weather conditions. So, the first thing was to figure out where the bass was on that specific day. We agreed with Yuri, my teammate, to start fishing in two different types of places – one at the upper end of a large pocket, and the other one on a long shallow point. Then we would call each other at the end of the first hour and decide where to focus our efforts for the rest of the day.

We’ve also agreed to move as quickly as possible right from the starting point and, if no one follows, check high-potential spots with fast moving baits for some active fish. In case other competitors followed us closely, then we would go directly to the agreed spots. Actually, we managed to make a good distance between us and other competitors, which allowed us to check few spots on the way and still remain ahead of everybody else. And that has proved to be a good tactic.

Even before making the very first cast, I noticed a group of illegal anglers (probably stayed there over night). One of them was spinning with a jerkbait. He had a bite right when I was passing by, but missed it. I’ve seen that fish, it was a good size bass. I tried to follow up with wacky-rigged worm, but did not manage to make it bite again. No problem; that fish gave me the first clue on where bass was located and to what kind of lures it was responding (jerkbait).

Following our original plan, we moved further up the lake making few casts here and there, looking for active bass. Soon we realized that bass was very shallow and close to the bank. I got the fish #1 very quickly, in less than half an hour, on a jerkbait, just few meters away from my feet. Good start! In the meantime, Yuri moved ahead and came to a relatively long stretch of shallow water, where he could visually locate a lot of bass roaming around but not responding to his lures. It was clear that bass was getting ready for spawning and did not care much about food. Triggering a reaction bite seemed to be a solution, and Ever Green’s Side Step 120 jerkbait was the way to go. Once I have exchanged that idea with my partner, I got my second bass and few minutes later Yuri got his first. (Next time we should lower our voices, so that people on the other side of the lake do not hear us ).

The beginning was quite positive. We had to decide whether we stay in this area or move further up. And the decision was a hard one. From one hand, we knew that bass was right there, we could actually see it in crystal-clear water. From the other hand, we seemed to have already collected all active ones, while remaining bass did not care to respond to any kind of lures. The place obviously required some rest. So, the decision was for me to keep moving up covering fresh (unfished) water, whereas Yuri would stay on the same shallow point and nearby pocket (the area he originally was supposed to go).

But the things eventually turned to be quite tough, despite of very promising beginning. In the following 3 hours I have not seen a single bite. Bass seemed to move away from the bank to deeper water. Time was running out, but there was no action at all. I had to try all kind of techniques and move all the way to the “great wall” to catch my 3rd bass, on a hand-made jig. Soon after that I noticed a fish hiding in shadow of a brush pile, dropped my jig right on top of it, and the bass #4 was posing on my ruler. That was a classic reaction bite. I am sure if it was a different lure, the fish would just ignore it. The whole thing was very well seen in clear water. I love this kind of moments.

Time to go, it is a long-long and difficult way back. I wanted to allow myself at least some of the remaining fishing time in the area closer to the dam wall, like the shallow point where we saw lots of bass before noon, and similar points. I understood that this stretch had been bitten badly during the day by several competitors, including Titov, but still hoped that bass would move shallow and become active again sometime towards the end of time. The fish #5 showed up the last moment, when everybody else has already left the area. That was a relief. Quick photo, and on the very next cast I had another fish, which appeared to be a 2kg zander. It was a nice catch, but it did not count and therefore was just a waste of time, which was running out very quickly. Few more casts on the way back to the dam wall without any bites, and that was actually it for the day.

I was happy I managed to have a 5-fish limit. The size was somewhat above the average, so I was confident to have some good ranking in personal standings. However, our performance as a team still remained to be seen. Having had a quick look at the results recoded by our referee, we realized that we had a good chance to win the event. Eventually, the results on the Allasa side appeared to be more modest. All played in our favour. As they say… “Oops! I did it again!”

Thank you all for participation. It was another exciting and well-organized event. Thank you Cyprus Freshwater Angling Association. Thank you Mr Evanthis and other referees. Thank you Trifonas and Super Action Stores for sponsoring the event. See you soon, cannot wait until the next round of the Championship.

Finally, few words about the tackle. This time I did not have any missed opportunities. Five bites translated into 5 fish in the “livewell” (zander does not count). I believe the right equipment had played a role to make it happen. I had two rods with me, as follows
            1. Major Craft Rizer, 8.3-foot Medium Heavy rod, paired with Daiwa Certate spinning reel, 13lb braid line. This was used for jerkbaits, wacky, drop-shot and Moscow rig.
            2. Major Craft Volkey, 7-foot Heavy rod, paired with Abu Garcia Revo Rocket baitcasting reel, super-fast 9:1 gear ratio, 15lb fluorocarbon line. This is in my opinion a perfect setup for texas rig and especially jigs.

PS: Respect the nature, practice catch & release! Especially now during the spawning season.

Комментарий

Сообщение от Uran Посмотреть сообщение
              Димка супер...
              А то что по аглицки даже очень здорово...
              И полезно...
              Это конечно здорово на зарубежных сайтах.
              В России то на фига размещать на аглицком

Комментарий

Потренировать кто учит..., повспоминать кто учил...

Зы.реально у Димы времени не было... написал только для кипрского сайта... тут копия по моей просьбе...

Комментарий

Прочитал, получил удовольствие! Как сам побывал! Дима Спасибо!

Комментарий

Пропустили...

Диман опять на Кипре всех сделал...
                    http://www.cyprusfaa.com/view.php?la...ests&artID=175
                    [ATTACH]3638[/ATTACH]

Зы.Видать не зря с Люсей тренировался...

Комментарий

спасибо за поддержку! отдельно спасибо Люсе за непосредственное участие в тренировочном процессе.

немного фоток. для желающих потренировать английски, есть отчет на фэйсбуке.

Комментарий

Ожидаемо нет интриги

Дима, мои поздравления!

PS Курис жив !!!

Комментарий

Дима поздравляю!!

и спасибо за фото и отчет!

Комментарий

Диман ЧЕМПИОН КИПРА 2014!!!

Финальные результаты:
                            http://www.cyprusfaa.com/view.php?la...ests&artID=177

Комментарий

Поздравляю
                              Россия по ловле басса, впереди Европы всей

Комментарий

Обработка...
                              X